Laura Larriva Page
Evocateur of the possible and advocate for the wild, Laura Larriva Page blends her deep love of archetypal and developmental psychology, dance, mythology, poetry, ecology, and the study of pan-cultural transformational learning into powerful, embodied explorations of deep purpose. All designed to coax the whole human experience back from cultural exile, and to catalyze seismic shifts in the lives of leaders.
Laura spent the first act of her professional life as a somatic movement educator and performing artist, guiding women at the world's largest dance and yoga events and festivals. She was a pivotal influence in bringing alternative forms of conscious movement to mainstream audiences. You may have seen her on the Wanderlust main stage, on the cover of Yoga Journal, or speaking about the power of play at TEDx Women in New York.
Passionate about visionary leadership, Laura draws from her extensive experience as a serial entrepreneur & innovator, author and artist in her work guiding and mentoring emerging women and organizations. She is currently completing a PhD in psychology exploring culture, consciousness and depth leadership with Jean Houston and has extensive training with Bill Plotkin in nature-based transformational development. She serves on the board of directors for The Animas Valley Institute.
What drives her everyday is a combination of the extreme urgency of our time, and a vision of the possible human who can help midwife us all into a thriving future.
- Bachelor Degree in International Affairs and Spanish Literature with a minor in Economics from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- 1500+ Hours in Yoga Therapeutics, Tantrik Philosophy, and Mindfulness Meditation.
- 200 Hours in Somatic Movement Education based in principles from Continuum Movement and Body-Mind-Centering.
- 1500+ Hours in Transformational Development, Mentoring and Group Facilitation with The Animas Valley Institute
- Certified Wilderness First Responder
- Pursuing a Doctoral Degree in Cultural Psychology and Leadership with Jean Houston at Meridian University
Experience and Project Initiatives:
- Copywriter and Brand Consultant in Brand Communications - Denver, Colorado 2005 - 2008
- Instructor, Performer, Artist and Brand Visionary : under the alias Shakti Sunfire - Everywhere - 2006 - 2015
- Founder - The Kaivalya Hoop Dancers : performance dance group - Boulder, Colorado 2007 - 2009
- Co-Founder - Synergy Flowarts : web-based custom performance tools and manufacturing - Carrboro, NC 2007 - Current
- Founder - Elemental Hoopdance Teacher Training and Certification Program : training dance instructors in mindfulness, movement, leadership skills and group facilitation - Online 2010 - Current
- Founder, Instructor and Producer - In Depth Hoop Retreat : large dance event centered on the creative development and training for intermediate - advanced dance artists - Hawaii 2010 - Current
- Co-Founder - Mean Business : business consulting and visionary design for play professionals - Online 2013 - 2015
- Writer, Producer, Instructor : Pranam : Yoga and Hoopdance Instructional DVD - Filmed 2012
- Founder - The Red Thread : A Yearlong Women's Leadership Journey - 2015 - Current
- Director - The Animas Valley Institute : non-profit serving the descent to soul - 2017 - Current
Publications and Contributions:
- Elephant Journal
- Rebelle Society
- The Urban Howl
- Origin Magazine
- Yoga Journal
- Wild Women Magazine
- Wanderlust : The Book
- Poetry of Yoga