With Dr. Julian Norris, Laura Larriva Page, Rod Francis and Ronit leMon Drobey of the Bulletproof™ Training Institute.
Diving deep for ourselves, our clients and the world.
The trees ahead and the bushes beside you Are not lost.
Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers.
As coaches, facilitators and as leaders, our awareness of our deeper selves and our true nature is a critical variable in our capacity to effectively catalyze and support change. The ‘outer’ work of trying to support a client or change a system will often amplify our own ‘inner’ tensions and assumptions, blind spots and paradoxes; our capacity to engage generatively with this tension profoundly shapes the nature of our subsequent impact in the world. A growing body of research (1) reinforces the importance of practices that cultivate deep awareness, interoception, self-knowledge, and the capacity for connecting to the source of our most creative intelligence as ways to help us meet these challenges and optimize our way of being in the world as coaches, leaders and as humans.
Be Empowered is a three-day immersive and experiential retreat program designed to reconnect us with these essential capacities and offer tools to bring them forth in ourselves, our coaching and into the wider social sphere. The retreat will be held at Elohee, a dedicated nature retreat center set in 220 acres of undeveloped land and nestled deep in the foothills of the stunning Blue Ridge mountains in North Georgia. Elohee ( EL-oh-HEE ) is a Cherokee word meaning “earth place.”
During the retreat, we will have a number of opportunities to show up with radical, embodied presence and encounter the wild world in a way that can be deeply powerful, surprising and transformative. The experiential group and individual activities will include deep listening practices, conversations with the wild, somatic work, dreamwork, mindful walks and nature-based artistic practices interspersed with competencies-based coaching skills sessions. There will also be personal reflective time to embody and embed the deep nature of this learning.
- Cultivate deep listening through interactive self and group work and by direct engagement with the natural environment.
- Engage in facilitated dreamwork to encounter your essential self and enable transformation into the best version of you.
- Experientially learn practices of embodiment and how to most effectively weave these into your own coaching and leadership.
- Deepen your capacity for embodied presence and presencing throughout your life, work and coaching.
- Connect with your true purpose, create project aligned with that and build supportive community to enact that in the world.
- Radically transform your capacity for self-knowledge, interoceptive awareness and ability to engage with your deepest wisdom and voice of intuitive awareness and to use these in service of clients and others.
- Engage with your radical truth through your deepest wisdom and intuition to serve others and your coaching.
- Unleash your truest, wildest, most creative nature in the company of other like-minded mission-driven life artists. Learn how to bring your truest self and birth your core mission with the greatest impact in the wider world.
- Consolidate this powerful learning experience into your coaching through structured facilitated engagement throughout the retreat and beyond.
- 3 and 6 month accountability calls with your facilitators to maintain momentum and impact with your growth, coaching, work and project.
- Gain 33.5 ICF CEU’s (21.75 Core Competency; 11.75 Resource Development).
- 3 days of deeply transformative teachings and experiential learning activities throughout the weekend retreat
- Two post-retreat support calls with your leaders
- Lodging of your choice: shared, private or even tent camping.
- Meals for the entirety of your stay: Healthy, organic fresh cooked as-Bulletproof-as-we-can-make-them meals, plus snacks throughout the day and Bulletproof Coffee of course!
- 220 acres of stunning natural wilderness and scenery to immerse yourself in.