Wild Gathering - Mt. Lassen Volcanic National Park
Join us under the stars in the California high country…
July 11th - 15th 2018
Join myself, Natalie Marie Shapiro of The Red Thread and your sisters for a Wild Earth Gathering in beautiful California just outside of Mt. Lassen National Park. Here we will connect with our own wild wholeness, and the deep purpose that calls to us uniquely. We will explore through the wisdom of our body, our emotional intelligence, our deep imaginations, and our heart-centered thinking.
Weaving movement, discussion and council, expressive arts, rhythm and play, personal ceremony, and time out on the land, we’ll draw on the collective wisdom we each hold to explore the myriad of ways life calls to us to ’make ourselves delicious;’ to be who we are here to be, and to offer ourselves and our gifts as a feast for the world.
These gatherings are not retreats. They are intimate times to come together and explore central questions in our lives in sisterhood - as women in leadership.
Only 15 spaces available.
What You Can Expect:
- Develop personal, pragmatic and useful resources that you can take into your everyday world.
- Gain a different understanding of the power of your diverse, intuitive ways of knowing including the wisdom of the body, feeling, and imagination.
- Engage the edge of your growth in life and in leadership
- Expand your view your deep purpose
- Take time out of the stress of your daily life for deep, lasting renewal, inspiration, awe, and wonder.
- Catalyze an intimate connection with the anima mundi - the soul of the world that can dissolve a sense of separation and loneliness.
- Play, laugh, and express yourself.
- Connect with others who are inspired to live meaningful lives
- Find the gifts in challenge, crisis, and shadow.
- Spend significant time outside on the land - reset, re-inspire, and discover the way humans have long been in relationship to the earth.
About Lassen Volcanic National Park
Lassen Volcanic National Park is home to steaming fumaroles, meadows freckled with wildflowers, clear mountain lakes, and numerous volcanoes. Jagged peaks tell the story of its eruptive past while hot water continues to shape the land. Lassen Volcanic offers opportunities to discover the wonder and mysteries of volcanoes and hot water for visitors willing to explore the undiscovered.
Meals and Lodging
Lodging (either camping or shared bedroom), materials, and experiences are covered in the gathering fee. Meals will be collaborative. Participants should expect to partner up to cook one or two meals for the whole group. This is easy, and makes for beautiful sharing and inexpensive meals. Natalie and Laura will facilitate the organization of meals and cooking.
This gathering takes place on 20 acres of private land just outside the national park. We will suggest that participants camp outside, although there will be some beds available in the house, and bathrooms, kitchen, hot tub etc. will be for all of our use.
Shingletown is located in Northern California. The closest major airports are Sacramento and San Francisco. Travel is not included in the registration fee. Often participants will collaborate and carpool.
Registration and Fees
The Rhythm Way Wild Gatherings are $500 per participant. This number includes most meals (see above), lodging (camping or shared bedroom), materials and all experiences.
Because these gatherings are intended to be intimate, we have a participant cap of 15 women. We hope you'll be one of them!